More than nine of ten organizations (92%) of the Forbes Global 2000 use an SAP ERP system and more than 77 percent of the world’s transaction revenue touches an SAP system. More than 400,000 organizations have implemented an SAP system. Such widespread adoption makes SAP systems inviting targets for cyberthieves. From mid-2020 to early 2021, researchers from Onapsis recorded more than 300 successful exploit attempts on unprotected SAP instances.
One reason for these successful assaults is that SAP systems in most organizations are often isolated in silos, separated from the company’s security information and management (SIEM) monitoring system. The result: a yawning gap that threat actors are all too eager to exploit. Closing this gap is of paramount importance to the businesses that rely on SAP systems to manage and protect their intellectual property.
LogPoint for SAP bridges the gap between SAP and SIEM solutions, allowing organizations to monitor their SAP data to detect threats and maintain compliance within SAP. LogPoint for SAP integrates SAP landscapes and different types of SAP data into SIEM.
LogPoint for SAP is based on a three-tiered architecture model consisting of collection, administration, and analysis layers. An extended security analytics pack categorizes events and provides an extensive set of predefined SAP-specific event correlations for different security domains.
LogPoint for SAP also contains an SAP-specific security intelligence pack that provides detection scenarios, visualization, and notification, while delivering alerting rules, reports, and dashboards for full visibility into what’s happening within your systems.
5 Key Benefits of LogPoint for SAP
- Provides one central security monitoring solution that enables you to track SAP events in near real-time throughout your entire IT environment, increasing your cybersecurity posture.
- Reduces the impact of cyber threats through alerts for any suspicious activity making it easy to detect and mitigate potential cyberattacks.
- Automating compliance or maintenance tasks saves time through ready-to-use controls, checks, dashboards, and reports.
- Automates audits and compliance through analysis and monitoring of SAP information and events that continuously audit the systems and identifies system vulnerabilities.
- Integrates with leading SIEM providers including LogPoint, Splunk, ArcSight, LogRhythm, and QRadar.
Get more information on how LogPoint for SAP can help close your SAP security gap.
DC Consulting is a leading provider of cybersecurity and digital infrastructure solutions. Through analytics, AI, and detection solutions, we help you know and sense your enemy before they strike. Through metrics, assessments, security controls, and frameworks, we ensure you know your organization and your overall risk exposure. By embracing disruptive technologies, we help you stay on the bleeding edge of innovation.
 SAP Bugs Under Active Cyberattack, Causing Widespread Compromise, by Tara Seals, ThreatPost, April 6, 2021